St. Patrick’s Day is a great time to celebrate all things Irish – including one of our favourite brews, Dublin’s own Guinness beer. I love the complexity of Guinness - its depth of flavour mixes so well with other bold notes like chocolate or chillies, and it’s phenomenal with a good aged cheddar cheese.
This dip whips up so quickly I’m sure you’ll be serving it all year round. If you can’t find Guinness, be sure to use another equally dark porter or stout – the more flavour you can add in here, the better the dip will be.
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ Guinness or other dark porter/stout beer
- 1¼ cup aged cheddar
- ¾ cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1-2 tsp. red chilli flakes – or to taste
- dash sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- STEP 1: Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and place into an oven-proof baking dish.
- STEP 2: Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbling on top.
- STEP 3: Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.