canadian cheddar and guinness dip
St. Patrick’s Day is a great time to celebrate all things Irish – including one of our favourite brews, Dublin’s own Guinness beer. I love the complexity of Guinness - its depth of flavour mixes so well with other bold notes like chocolate or chillies, and it’s phenomenal with a good aged Canadian cheddar cheese.
This dip whips up so quickly I’m sure you’ll be serving it all year round. If you can’t find Guinness, be sure to use another equally dark porter or stout – the more flavour you can add in here, the better the dip will be.
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ Guinness or other dark porter/stout beer
- 1¼ cup aged Canadian cheddar
- ¾ cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1-2 tsp. red chilli flakes – or to taste
- dash sea salt and freshly ground pepper