- Posted in: Snacks & Appetizers, Dips & Spreads
- Print Recipe
Looking for some last minute entertaining inspiration? This dip cooks up in just minutes. Be sure to give yourself an extra 30 minutes to chill it in the fridge if you can, and serve with some extra caramelized onions for garnish.
- Pairs with:
- raincoast oat crisps™ oat and rosemary raisin
- raincoast crisps® rosemary raisin pecan
- raincoast crisps® fig and olive
- ½ medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 oz. 100% Canadian blue cheese (at room temperature)
- 6 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- STEP 1: Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan on medium-low. Add onion, cover for 5-6 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until deep golden brown, stirring frequently for about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- STEP 2: Whisk together mayonnaise and Greek yogurt in a medium bowl.
- STEP 3: Ensure the blue cheese and cream cheese are at room temperature. Carefully blend them together. Stir in the mayonnaise and yogurt mixture.
- STEP 4: Stir in caramelized onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready.