chocolate raincoast crisp tiffin bars
posted in: Desserts | Time: | Yield: 18-24 pieces
This recipe combines all of my favourite things: dark chocolate, dried fruit, and raincoast crisps. When choosing a flavour of crisps for your recipe I recommend going with one of the fruitier versions: cranberry hazelnut, rosemary raisin pecan, or even salty date and almond. If you need a gluten/nut free dessert, grab a box of cranberry oat crisps. Serve with a cup of ginger tea, or for a real pick-me-up, an espresso.
- 1 package raincoast crisps broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts or pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup golden syrup, golden corn syrup, or liquid honey
- 10 oz 70% bittersweet dark chocolate chopped into small chunks
- 7 Tbsp. unsalted butter
If you can't find any golden syrup (sold in most shops that carry British staples) you can substitute an equal amount of golden corn syrup without affecting the flavour or texture too much. This bar is quite rich so cut into small pieces - using thin finger slices works well.