No matter which team your crowd is cheering for on Super Bowl Sunday, we’re sure they’ll love this smoky, tangy twist on traditional hummus. The smoked paprika adds an intense depth of flavour that will take your guests by surprise and fits perfectly alongside those buffalo wings everyone is expecting.
- Pairs with:
- raincoast oat crisps™ oat and seed
- 1 lb dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. olive oil
- 3-4 drops lemon oil
- STEP 1: Cover chickpeas with water and simmer on stovetop until tender. Drain and cool.
- STEP 2: In a skillet, toast cumin seeds until lightly golden and fragrant. Cool seeds and grind in spice grinder.
- STEP 3: In a food processor combine chickpeas with garlic, lemon juice, cumin, paprika and lemon oil. Drizzle in olive oil while processing mixture until it is smooth.
- STEP 4: Season to taste with salt and pepper.
If you’re in a hurry to throw something together or canned chickpeas is all you have, they can be swapped in for the dried and soaked variety in a pinch.