Dukkah is a fragrant and flavourful Egyptian spice blend with toasted nuts and sesame seeds. It makes an exotic crust for this zesty goat cheese ball.
- Pairs with:
- raincoast crisps® cranberry and hazelnut
- 1½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- ⅓ cup toasted hazelnuts, skins removed and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp toasted pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp flaked sea salt
- 8 oz brick-style plain cream cheese
- 8 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 pkg raincoast crisps® cranberry and hazelnut
For cheese ball:
- For dukkah:
- STEP 1: In dry skillet set over medium heat, heat coriander, cumin, fennel and peppercorns for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly golden and fragrant. Let cool completely.
- STEP 2: Using mortar and pestle or spice grinder, grind spices until finely ground. Stir together spice mixture, hazelnuts, pistachios, sesame seeds and salt.
- For cheese ball:
- STEP 1: Using electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, goat cheese, lemon juice, oil, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper until well combined. Beat in chives, parsley and mint. Shape into ball. (If mixture is too soft, refrigerate until firm enough to shape.)
- STEP 2: Roll cheese ball in dukkah to coat. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- STEP 3: Serve with raincoast crisps® cranberry and hazelnut.
Alternatively, use store-bought dukkah to cut down on prep time.