Enjoy the sweet tastes of the garden, with this avocado and corn salsa. The sweet and juicy flavors of corn, and texture of avocado makes a perfect combination for a fresh, easy recipe like this. Serve with our lesley stowe raincoast cheese crisps™ aged cheddar and harissa, or alongside grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- STEP 1: In a sauté pan over a medium heat warm the olive oil add the corn sauté for 1-2mins. Remove from the heat and spoon into a mixing bowl combine with, jalapeño, red onion cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Stir in avocado.