Pulled pork is an annual summertime tradition, from beaches, to picnics to BBQ’s, it’s a crowd-pleasing favorite. For a spin on this classic, I like to serve pulled pork on lesley stowe raincoast crisps® original with tangy slaw for a bite sized version with great crunch.
- Pairs with:
- raincoast crisps® original
- 3 Tbps (45 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 Tbps (45 mL) packed dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbps (45 mL) paprika
- 2 Tbps (30 mL) coarse salt
- 1 Tsp (5 mL) cayenne pepper
- 2 untrimmed boneless pork shoulder halves (also known as Boston butt - about 6 pounds Total)
- lesley stowe raincoast crisps® original
- Carolina Red Barbecue Sauce
- Tangy Coleslaw
- 1 cup (250 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 2 Tbps (30 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbps (15 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 Tbps (15 mL) coarse salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- STEP 1: Mix first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- STEP 2: Place pork, fat side up, on work surface.
- STEP 3: Cut each piece lengthwise in half. Place on large baking sheet.
- STEP 4: Sprinkle dry rub all over pork; press into the meat, cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- STEP 5: Heat smoker or BBQ to 250°F.
- STEP 6: Place pork on rack in smoker or BBQ, cover with foil and cook until internal temperature of meat reads 165°F. when thermometer is installed into the centre.
- STEP 7: Brush with cold mop every 45 minutes until cooking is complete – approx. 6 hours in total.
- STEP 8: Serve on lesley stowe raincoast crisps® original with tangy slaw. Enjoy!
Make BBQ mop sauce: Mix the ingredients in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate