With a medley of roasted beets, this eye-catching dish can be served as a side dish, starter or sharing appetizer.
- Pairs with:
- raincoast crisps® fig and olive
For roasted beets:
- 1 bunch baby red beets
- 1 bunch baby yellow beets
- 1 bunch baby candy cane beets
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¾ tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups packed chopped beet greens
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 pkg raincoast crisps® fig and olive
For beet greens:
- For roasted beets:
- STEP 1: Preheat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, toss together baby red beets with 1 tbsp oil, and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper; wrap in double layer of foil and seal packet. Repeat with yellow and candy cane beets.
- STEP 2: Transfer foil packets to large baking sheet. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until beets are fork-tender. Let cool slightly. Peel and quarter beets; set aside. (For best presentation, keep each variety of beet separate to avoid colors from bleeding into each other.)
- For aioli:
- STEP 1: Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For beet greens:
- STEP 1: Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook beet greens for 3 to 5 minutes or until just wilted. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For serving:
- STEP 1: Spread aioli in bottom of serving bowl. Top with beet greens and arrange roasted beets over top.
- STEP 2: Sprinkle with goat cheese and chives. Serve warm or at room temperature with raincoast crisps® fig and olive.
Spinach, kale or Swiss chard can be substituted for beet greens.