Looking for the perfect pre-game entertaining dip? This hummus takes everyone's favourite appie up a notch - the perfect partner for those hot wings and cold IPA's. This comes together quickly once the beets are roasted, so cook them up the day before and you'll easily have a party platter on the table before kick-off!
- Pairs with:
- raincoast crisps® fig and olive
- raincoast oat crisps™ oat and seed
- raincoast crisps® original
- 2-3 medium sized beets, roasted and grated
- 1 can chick peas (400 grams /14 ounces), rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice plus 1 Tbsp. for drizzling
- 2-3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- STEP 1: Pre-heat oven to 385 F
- STEP 2: Wrap whole beets together in a double layer of tin foil and bake in oven for 45 minutes.Let cool completely in tin foil - this can be done the day before.
- STEP 3: Place chick peas, olive oil,, tahini, crushed garlic and lemon juice into food processor and pulse until smooth.
- STEP 4: Add the grated beets and pulse until fully combined and a smooth consistency is reached.
- STEP 5: Place the hummus in a bowl or on a plate, drizzle with EVOO, lemon zest and fresh dill. Serve with your favourite raincoast crisps or raincoast flats.