This chutney incorporates springtime flavours preserved for enjoyment throughout the year. You can easily multiply as desired and store jars away for when you need a fresh fruity hit throughout the long winter months. In the meantime, enjoy some with your favourite chicken or pork dish, as the base for a dressing on your favourite summer salad or paired with aged cheddar and lesley stowe raincoast oat crisps™ oat and rosemary raisin.
- Pairs with:
- raincoast oat crisps™ oat and rosemary raisin
- raincoast crisps® cranberry and hazelnut
- raincoast crisps® salty date and almond
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 sliced small red onion
- 3 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 12 pitted plums
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- sea salt and coarse black pepper to taste
- STEP 1: Heat oil until it is hot, add onions and ginger and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden.
- STEP 2: Add the rest of the ingredients.
- STEP 3: Cook 10 minutes until plums are tender and liquid is reduced.
- STEP 4: Store in fridge for up to one week or preserve as per traditional canning instructions.