Summer is the perfect time to try delicious salads. For this recipe, we’ve paired richer ingredients next to the greens, like the deep smoky flavour of pancetta with grilled, caramelised figs and rich blue cheese - if you aren't a fan of blue, fresh chèvre makes a nice substitute. Break your favourite raincoast crisps® (we enjoy fig and olive for this particular recipe, but any will do) and sprinkle on top of the salad to give it a nice crunch.
- Pairs with:
- raincoast crisps® fig and olive
- STEP 1: For the vinaigrette: Cook dried figs in port and red wine vinegar until liquid is reduced by half. Purée cooked figs in food processor until smooth. Mix in the chopped shallot and olive oil. Season to taste.
- STEP 2: For the salad: Cut pancetta into cubes and fry until cooked and crispy. Set aside.
- STEP 3: Dip the fig halves in olive oil briefly and then place on a hot grill or grill pan until grill marks appear and the figs have a slight caramelization. Set aside.
- STEP 4: Toss arugula with vinaigrette and then top with pancetta, grilled figs, toasted pecans, blue cheese crumbles and pieces of raincoast crisps® fig and olive. Serve immediately.
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 dried figs
- 1 cup port
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp. chopped shallot
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ lb. pancetta, cut into ½" cubes
- 12 fresh figs, cut in half
- 6 bunches baby arugula
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
For the salad: